Thursday, August 28, 2008
Posted by Kim at 9:48 AM
Monday, August 25, 2008
It has been a very busy weekend. So it was nice today to just do whatever and go explore. We ended up going up American Fork Canyon and driving around...scoping out future camping spots. We ended up having more fun than originally intended. Imagine that! We found a couple of small lakes that Zachary thoroughly enjoyed throwing rocks into, found several camping spots, saw a few deer, and spent most of the afternoon off-roading
in the truck. So much so that my neck hurts and so does Joe's back. I wonder how Zachary feels. He spent most of the time laughing in the backseat. The rest of the time he took a little nap. Although, I don't see how he could have slept through all of that bouncing around.
The only bad thing is that we had spent the morning washing and cleaning out the truck only to now have it almost as dirty as before! All in all we had a great day....too bad it couldn't have ended with a professional massage!
Posted by Kim at 9:06 PM
Thursday, August 21, 2008
1. I'm thankful for clean bed sheets. I know this one is unusual. As far back as I can remember Thursday was always sheet day at Poppy and Grandma's house. My sister and I spent many a summer there and Thursday we always washed and changed the sheets on all the beds in the house. Guess they passed the "tradition" onto me.
2. I'm thankful for Zachary's hugs and kisses. And the smile he has on his face with every single one. They mean the world to me!
3. I'm thankful for blogging. I've been watching the chatter on Cristin's blog regarding Proposition 8 in California. Blogs are a wonderful place to spout off your feelings and opinions no matter what the subject is. Unfortunately, she is having to deal with those that do not agree with her opinion, of which they have every right to. But too bad some of them have to be so vicious about it.
Posted by Kim at 4:41 PM
Monday, August 18, 2008
Everyone has got to check out this link....CLICK HERE....this made me smile. One of Joe's biggest dreams is to travel the world. I wish that we could do it. But in the mean time we will live vicariously through this little video.
Posted by Kim at 8:38 PM
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Posted by Kim at 4:25 PM
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Here are a few things that I am thankful for today....
1. I am thankful for those big puffy (and not so puffy) clouds in the sky. Over the last week there have been some beautiful clouds in the sky as we have some storms pass thru the area. I remember as a kid my mom and I would "discover" various shapes that the clouds created...dogs, trees, planes, etc...I can't wait to do that with Zachary!
Posted by Kim at 4:28 AM
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
...the fruits of my labors! Here are the first of many many tomatoes I have on my plants. It also looks like I'll have a few red chili peppers and jalopenos shortly as well. I feel some salsa coming on!
I think I'm going to go fix myself a sandwich for dinner...with tomatoes!
Posted by Kim at 7:33 PM
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
I got a call from Joe's sister, Esther, on Wednesday letting me know that they were going to be in town over the weekend for a reunion for her husband's family. Apparently, Joe already knew about this and failed to mention it. But who cares?! I was so EXCITED!!!! We always have so much fun when Esther comes to town. And this weekend was no exception. =) They came late Saturday evening to stay with us thru Tuesday. Sunday after Church we took the boys to Silver Lake up Big Cottonwood
Canyon. There is a boardwalk around this marshy lake. We put Zachary
and Peter in the wagon and Ben was happy to run around. We actually
saw a moose! Joe and I go up there quite often and we have never seen
a moose. They are the oddest looking creatures. But the best part was when Ben wanted so badly to touch the water. Esther hung him upside down by his feet. I thought for sure she was going to drop him. The little boys thought it was so funny.
I'm so GLAD that they came to stay with us for a few days. Zachary and Peter continue to share everything...food, cups, and toys. And Ben is full of whys...why this and why that. He never seemed satisfied with an answer he just always responded with another why. He was alot of fun. Here is a little conversation we had:
Posted by Kim at 7:17 PM
Thursday, August 7, 2008
A few months back our Bishop was either giving a talk or bearing his testimony...why can't I remember just a few months ago?!...regardless of that I do remember what he said. He said that we need to remember to be thankful for the little things. Whether it be the trees outside or whatever but remember to tell Heavenly Father that we are grateful for those small things. I've been thinking a lot lately about how many things I am grateful for, so I'm taking a cue from Jessica and am going to make sure that I "spout" my thankfulness once a week here on the blog. So here is the begining of Thankful Thursday!
1. I'm thankful for the roses that Joe brought home last night for our anniversary. Big, red, beautiful roses!
2. Tonight I am thankful for PB & J. I need to go to the store in a BAD way!
3. I'm thankful for my green thumb. I haven't killed anything in the garden yet. =)
4. I'm thankful for the HUGE trees that line the streets our little neighborhood. They provide the best shade down the street and our yards.
Posted by Kim at 8:00 PM
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Posted by Kim at 8:19 PM